Updated: Apr 17, 2019
Practice of Vaat naashak mudra pacifies the aggravated Vaat humor. It is an excellent mudra for people with a aggravated Vaat constitution or Vaat dosha. In fact, it can be practiced regularly to avoid mental instability and physical discomfort.
This mudra is very easy to do, just place the tips of index finger and middle finger at the base of thumb finger and applying gentle pressure with the thumbs.Should be done with both the hands.
For Optimum results one should do this mudra sitting in a meditative pose (Sukhasan/ Padmasan) for 45 min especially in the early morning hrs.
Vaat nashak mudra is useful for following conditions:
• Chronic fatigue.
• Lack of stamina and endurance.
• Indecisiveness, impatience, timidity, inexplicable fear.
• Sleeplessness or Insomnia
• Intolerance of cold weather or the wind.
• Underweight, emaciation, inexplicable weight loss.
• Numbness in the body parts.
• Unsteady gait,
• Creaking joints
• Cold,dry,cracked skin,nails,hair
• Irregular, scanty, painful menses
• hoarseness of voice, stammering
• Scanty urination,
• Insufficient sweating.